''You can either choose to grow or things can happen to help you grow. Choosing is a better option''
Tabitha is the Founder of nKoto Remote - An Online platform That Allows Remote Workers To Swap Their Apartments So That They Can Have Reliable Internet, A Dedicated Workspace, And Creature Comforts From Home. She has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to gain some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
I'm Searching For:
A technical co-founder to join the journey plus help make phase II and beyond a success. Also, I am currently looking for beta users across Europe to try out the platform for free and provide feedback.
I'd Like To Offer:
My services as a speaker for conferences or podcasts.
- Future of work.
- How to get the most out of remote work Innovative thinking & problem-solving.
- Entrepreneurship Importance of community.
- How to manage your energy to build your project or business.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? In just four words—energetic, creative, catalyst, and determined—Tabitha Tangherlini embodies a vibrant spirit. She also has a flair for the dramatic which she first discovered by spreading her wings three years on stages across the U.S. and continues to use it every chance that she gets including trying to get a waiter enthused in a Berlin cafe. Originally from the U.S., but has been based in Berlin for several years.
As founder of a fusion catering company for embassy events and weddings, Tabitha curated exceptional moments and cuisine for three enriching years. From there she transitioned into the ever-evolving tech and startup sphere especially focused on sales and business development for over six years, and over a decade of community-building-focused volunteering. She channels energy, innovation, and dedication into every endeavor—inspiring connection through her engaging presence. Her current business is focused on making it easy for remote workers that have a base to work from anywhere and live everywhere with ease.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A Truth Founder is someone who chooses to live without a hidden agenda and does things to better the lives of others plus they operate from a set of values. They live in a way that encourages and inspires others to create a life that is enjoyable and makes a positive impact.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER?
It was by accident. I love cooking and did it for myself and others for several years then one day I was speaking with someone who was looking to cater an event. She felt the one that most of the embassies used was a little boring and did not fit what they wanted to accomplish. I said that I could do it. I did not think another thing about it and a month later they reached out and asked for menu options. I created an option with my own recipe that they loved. They wanted to hire me in the future so I launched my own catering company.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? The lack of one. I actually try to wake up at a different time each day even if it is only a slight change so my body does not wake me up on days I choose to start later. I usually start my day by remembering three things I am thankful for from the day before and listening to a short inspirational video.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? Before I start a new adventure or do something out of the box, I ask: What is the worst thing that can happen?
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? Because it lets people who like working remotely, have the best of both worlds. They can have a base but still work remotely while being connected to a welcoming community.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS?
First, my own experiences and background have brought me here. I am also included in the "target audience" so it is not just about creating something for someone else. I am really excited about helping others to live a life that they enjoy while exploring and building something whether it is their career or their own business.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR VENTURE? ( START WTIH: IMAGINE A WORLD... WHAT IF...WE WILL BE... )
Success for me is the freedom to organize your time and next steps with the necessary resources as you would like and need.
For my business, it means being able to have a growing community around the world and a team excited to be a part of making it happen.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I believe that you can build a successful business without taking advantage of others.
I don't believe that a non-profit business is the only one to make a difference for others.
I believe one person can make a difference.
I don't believe that everyone should be an entrepreneur but I do believe that there is something that everyone is good at that can help them design a life they enjoy.
I believe that being connected to a community can make a difference.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? Every decision can make a significant journey. Moving to Switzerland from the U.S., helped me prepare my skills in cooking which helped me later to open a business that I had not considered. Sometimes, you do not realize how one decision can open up opportunities later.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? When I traveled on the road performing, I came across several people that had wished they had followed their dreams and lived in regret for not doing it. In some cases, they resented a partner so I decided that I would pursue things out of my comfort zone. I did not want to live in regret. It has opened up a lot of opportunities, amazing experiences, and stepping out as a founder.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? I think one of my favorite things about me is I have a lot of energy. Plus it is all without needing coffee. It helps me get the most out of the day including providing me the ability to connect with others.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
Probably, being a bit more detailed oriented and organized. I come from an artistic background and improved my ability to organize to a certain point but my brain needs freedom to have a little chaos. Everyone has points that they are better at so I choose to delegate certain tasks to those who actually enjoy them.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
Growth is part of life. You can either choose to grow or things can happen to help you grow. Choosing is a better option. Also sometimes setbacks or closed doors can lead you in the direction of amazing opportunities.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) 7.5. I think something is missed when you only see it in writing and there is a greater understanding from talking or hearing someone.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? One of my mentors, she has been able to create exciting adventures that make a difference even when things did not turn out as planned. She came from several setbacks but built a life she enjoys, a business that is causing an impact and has created a loving family. A true definition of holistic.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? nKoto Remote is an online platform that allows remote workers to swap their apartments so that they can have reliable internet, a dedicated workspace, and creature comforts from home such as a monitor or a yoga mat. Plus you get a real feel of living like a local without making it hard for the locals to live there - a sustainable way to travel and work. We are focused on community and are excited to create opportunities to connect with others beyond just small talk.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
We want to help people to design a life they enjoy and connect with others whether at home or away from home. For us, this includes being filled up with memories, friendships, deep conversations, exciting trips, purposeful endeavors, learning from failure, sharing, and authentic experiences.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
I love going to the gym, creating new recipes, and reading.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? Going to a spa for a day. I celebrated hitting a few of my smaller goals.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
How can I help?
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.