''If you discover something interesting, Becoming a Founder is a byproduct of pursuing your passion''
Stefan is the Founder of ReduCO2 -The Solution For Upcycling Industrial CO2 Emissions Into Valuable Carbon-Based Products Of The Future, To Preserve The Future. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to get some insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture.
I'm Searching For:
We are always seeking partners and individuals who share our vision and would like to stay connected.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Stefan is a 30-year-old geochemist, father, and nature enthusiast. Originally from the wider region of Munich, he currently resides in Singen, close to the beautiful Lake Constance, where he's building his enterprise with a team of 3. He is currently completing his PhD at ETH Zürich in experimental geochemistry and planetary science. During his time at ETH, he met his long-time business partner Lotta Ternieten. Over the occasional cup of tea, they developed the idea to industrially reduce CO2 to create valuable products, And thereby fight climate change, while supporting the raw materials demand for the energy and transportation transition. Their solution: nature-mimicry of geologic graphite-producing pegmatite systems.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A Truth Founder fights in their enterprise for their vision of a particular problem set or solution that benefits society or nature. Being confronted with many obstacles along the way, a Truth Founder needs to be steadfast in their motivation, have their mindset on the goal, and possess the character to motivate others and create a movement of their own that ultimately results in progress for the project.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER? I had an idea and wondered why nobody had pursued it so far. If you discover something interesting, becoming a Founder is a byproduct of pursuing your passion.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? Drinking a pot of black tea with my wife and talking before engaging in some sports.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? If it was easy, someone would have done it already.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? We are aiming to address two of the most pressing issues of today: climate change and raw material scarcity. In a world where political systems clash, the green transition of the economy relies on materials that are primarily controlled by political systems increasingly at odds with the Global West. We need technical solutions that provide us with geopolitical independence while securing our material demands and combating climate change.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS? I possess enduring power and mental resilience against frustration. Our idea has the potential to be a real game-changer in the global fight against rising greenhouse gases, which has always been a source of frustration, fascination, and motivation for me. With this strong mix of emotions and my training in rational and analytical thinking, I have all the necessary tools to strive for success in our venture.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND FOR YOUR VENTURE? Personally, I am determined to see our green technology enter the market and compete with ventures that have posed environmental challenges in graphite supply thus far. I hope that we can surpass these technologies in the free market. This would be the ultimate success story for ReduCO2. Providing a viable alternative to geologically bound CCS (Carbon Capture and Storage) technology for the European Centre, where storage remains difficult due to numerous issues, and assisting in reducing CO2 in the atmosphere with our technology would be a lifelong goal and fill me with pride.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I believe that anyone can make a change.
I believe that trying and failing is better than giving up right away.
I believe that frustration, fear, and hope are valuable guides as long as they do not overpower you.
I do not believe that humanity is truly seeking to destroy itself, even though it may appear that way. We still have the ability to reverse course. The ship may be stuck, but it is not yet sinking.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? I am a sociable person. Learning that a bigger team is not necessarily a better one has changed my perspective on many things, not just for the venture.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? Juggling my commitment to ReduCO2, And my commitment to my growing family while finishing my PhD. Bringing everything forward and being able to enjoy it all (most of the time :).
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? It's a challenging question. I strive to maintain a neutral stance and treat everyone with respect and curiosity. This approach has opened up fascinating dialogues and has allowed me to build a pleasant network both in my personal and professional life.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
I believe there are countless areas for personal improvement. Ceasing to work on oneself is akin to inviting stagnation and decline. Currently, I am making an effort to cultivate patience and communicate more clearly. Patience, especially when dealing with small children, is an invaluable quality that helps maintain calmness and allows for the enjoyment of the present moment instead of worrying about an uncertain future. It also has an immediate impact on individuals and fosters a relaxed atmosphere of safety. Clear communication serves a similar purpose by preventing misunderstandings, hurt feelings, and fear.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH? Just give it a try, and you will uncover and overcome.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) You tell me. I hope for a high number. Everyone is different and reads this text differently. So I guess it is natural to be misunderstood in places.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? My wife. She is the kindest and most honest person I know.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? Our mission at ReduCO2 is to develop a solution for upcycling industrial CO2 emissions into valuable carbon-based products such as graphite, graphene, carbon nanotubes, and diamonds. By doing so, we aim not only to create value by producing highly sought-after raw materials (e.g., for Li-ion batteries), but also to serve as a carbon sink, reducing greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere. Our technology combines the benefits of both carbon capture and storage (CCS) and carbon capture and utilization (CCU) approaches, resulting in CCR - Carbon Capture & Recycling. Given that the graphite market, in particular, is largely consolidated in China, we also provide a tool to ensure the geopolitical independence of the global West and South.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE? Upcycling CO2 into the materials of the future to preserve the future.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
Playing with my daughter.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? Tomorrow I am going on a date with my wife.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
Thank You for placing your trust in us. Coming from outside with limited knowledge and supporting a startup venture is a significant display of trust in both the individuals and the vision. I am fully committed to delivering on our promises. Rest assured, your trust will not be misplaced in the ReduCO2 team.
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.