''I spent a lot of time as the underdog: A person who was not only dismissed
by the crowd, But often doubted''
Matthew is the Founder of e-States - The Next Generation of Commercial Real Estate. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to get some insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture.
I'm Searching For:
We are currently raising a seed round and would like to invite all investors, And retail institutions to participate.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Matthew Schneider is the CEO at e-States PropTech Inc and is a Gen Z thought leader. He has previously worked as an entrepreneur in various roles, from publishing a novel as a teenager, to leading small-cap and derivative trades in the stock market. Matthew is a self-taught shark in the FinTech vertical, possessing expertise in project management, leadership, startups, asset securitization, and tokenization. Additionally, from his time as an entrepreneur and CEO, he touts skills in communications, marketing, finance, and business law. His personal philosophies emphasize ambitious work ethic, decentralized command, loyalty, and positive impact. Matthew is an enthusiast of music, exercise, and self-discipline, enjoying music production, weightlifting, and taking on challenges, respectively. He is deemed a leader in his network for his commitment to hard work, accountability, and setting admirable goals and expectations.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A truth founder is an individual who thinks, speaks, and acts upon predetermined, positive principles. Their philosophy and mission is solid and consistent, and they demonstrate it not only in business, but across all aspects of their life. This dedication to a deep-rooted mission not only propels them forward against all odds, but has the power to inspire and mobilize other people to join their cause.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER? I spent a lot of time as the underdog: A person who was not only dismissed by the crowd, But often doubted, despite my efforts. I didn’t excel at any activities and certainly didn’t have a personal brand — but internally, I was not complacent with this. We all want to be recognized and respected, but most people forfeit this after years of failure. I’ve maintained my persistence and paid my time debt; then, with patience and hard work, I was able to piece together the puzzle.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? My morning routine is not particularly fancy, though I wouldn’t mind integrating a few more things. Currently, I wake up around 7:30am, make the same breakfast (six scrambled eggs and two packets of oatmeal), pour a cup of coffee, and sit down at my desk for work. It’s simple and efficient. If I had the resources, I might include some cold exposure and a walk, but weather is very unpredictable here.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? “Get after it.” No excuses. You know what you have to do. Get going. Go.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? We’ve constructed our company in a way that’s beneficial for every single person involved. We create a positive impact on the communities we serve, we resolve major pain points for property owners, we build wealth for investors, we have a constructive culture for our peers and they can participate in something exciting and grande, and the people who contribute time and money to the company are compensated properly.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS? First, nobody else was doing it, so I decided that I would. And I think it hasn’t been done—and certainly not from some regular, middle class, Midwestern youngster—because it’s practically impossible. The number of things that have to go right almost make this statistically impossible, else repeated failure occurs. We’ve never ultimately failed, but we’ve seen some difficult times, and both my ambition and perseverance has kept me on the path, working diligently.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND FOR YOUR VENTURE? It doesn’t take much to satisfy me because thankfully I’m not propelled by physical possessions. Financially, I’d like control of my time and a salary to afford food. Beyond that, success is not an outcome but the continual process of building something and creating a positive impact. The more people whom I can motivate to improve their lives and take action, the more “success” I’ve accrued. Likewise, the prosperity of our venture will be determined by the number of clients we service and the wealth we’ve built for other people so that they too can enjoy freedom.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I don’t believe in excuses or complaining. I believe that discipline equals freedom.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? This decision occurred before I actually become a founder but it has shaped my existence: not going to college and instead—for the most part—isolating myself from the world. I spend most of my days and year alone. You won’t see me at parties or around town because I’ve found solitude in working. I am, however, not introverted. I’ve called into 15 countries and spoken to hundreds of business people but otherwise it’s uncommon to see me kicking my feet up at a big social gathering. I’d rather be selective about the people in my immediate proximity.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? Despite a lack of support from most people—and I do not consider “Good luck” or “Let me know if you need anything!” as support—I have accomplished many things. I am not backed by likes, capital, or compliments, but I have a deep will to work and succeed and this alone keeps me going.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? I’m self aware. I don’t need anything else. I know when I’m driven by ego, when I’m mentally present, and whether I’m making a proper decision.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW? I’d like to improve my interpersonal skills but that’s very hard to do if not constantly, physically, dealing with people. For the meantime, I’m caught up in my own world and the industry I serve.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH? I made this one up and I’m not sure if it’s insightful or tacky. I say, “Whether you use time wisely or not, it will pass.” Ultimately, everyone always says, “I wish I did this,” “I wish I started on that,” “I’m so far behind…” All of these demonstrate that we are given opportunities every single day to progress, but seldom take them. If you’re displeased with something, or don’t like where you are, what were you doing six months ago to fix it? We fail to think of our ‘future selves.’ Are you going to start something new but are disdained by the time it will take to accomplish said goal? Time will pass no matter what. You’ll get there eventually. The question is whether the time will have been spent productively or wasted once more.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) My truth story is understood at a level less than ten because my personal brand is a work in progress and getting the word out, as well as networking, is a patient process. Eventually, it’s exponential, but you must establish a few, good, first relationships before you can really develop a name for yourself. Reputation and respect are earned, not given, so it’s a strategic process to demonstrate your consistency and dedication to that brand.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? I don’t idolize anyone but I’ve listened to many stories of people who have encountered insufferable circumstances and made it out alive. Situations that are genuinely threatening to one’s life. Terrible childhoods, brutal upbringings, a vile adolescent experience, miserable twenties, near-death experiences. Then I remember that I’m sitting in a remote job with a cup of coffee and my “battle” is not picking up my phone for five minutes. Knowing that not everyone has this opportunity, I absolutely do not take it for granted.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? e-States is a 2-in-1 digital platform that helps property owners raise money by selling fractional shares of their properties and then efficiently manage those same properties with our smart-tech tools. We’re in the commercial real estate industry, which is antiquated and full of steep entry barriers. We believe that we’re democratizing the industry and make it streamlined and simple by offering transformative new solutions. We’re a team of four passionate serial entrepreneurs, surrounded by knowledgable advisors and great partners, and tackling these industry pain points head-on. We see e-States becoming a one-stop-shop for commercial real estate matters over the next couple of years.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE? I’ve balanced a few different mission statements because we’re doing a couple big things at once! Not only are we building the next generation of commercial real estate, but we’re providing technological solutions that literally improve the real world. It’s really great to see how many people are gathering around this idea of building something big and positively impactful and we’re going to have a lot of fun scaling this over the next twelve months.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY? My work can span from six o’clock in the morning to midnight, so it’s really what I use to break up the work throughout the day: walks, lifting weights, meditative breathing, reading, playing piano, calling friends, meals, and getting adequate sleep.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? I’m not yet in a position to celebrate and I think my team, shareholders, and clients will respect that I am devoted to performance. Fortunately, I have not faced burnout and am actually exhilarated by the additional responsibility and therefore additional opportunities in front of me.
Congratulations You're Done! - Anything else you would like to share?
Startups are extraordinarily tough and will expect the most from you. Give it everything you have and enjoy the process.
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.