''To know what is possible, You really have to try - Go where it hurts most''
Johannes is the Founder of MakeMatiq - With A Mission To Create The Digital Future That Empowers Businesses, Connects People And Drives Shared Success. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to get some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Johannes is the co-founder of makematiq. A company that operationalizes AI and bridges the gap between technology and strategy.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? For me, entrepreneurship is about curiosity, building, excellence in execution, and nonconformity in thinking. Put those together and you get a person who is itching to make a difference. Voilà.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER? There was no single trigger, but I worked in startups for 12 years before starting my own. At some point, I just thought: I can do this, and I went for it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? I get up, drink half a liter of water, get my kids out of bed and off to school, put on my headphones, and immerse myself in work for 3-4 hours straight.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? Don't take yourself too seriously and always go where it hurts the most.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? My co-founder / CTO and me have a combined 30 years of experience in building cutting edge technology. If you want to avoid pitfalls and getting lost in the woods, come talk to us.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS? I have Grit. IQ. EQ & Charisma.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOU PERSONALLY AND FOR YOUR VENTURE? Being healthy, And being a good father.
Acheiving above market growth and building a profitable business that my children will inherit on day...I'm Not interested in a quick exit.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I believe that timing beats speed, and precision beats power.
I do not believe there is a way to build truly predictive models for complex systems.
I believe that to know what is possible, you really have to try.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? Prioritize technology. Sounds trivial. But apparently it's possible to run Twitter with 50 people instead of 8000. Really digging into your codebase gives you a competitive advantage.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? Personally, coming back from an injury that left me unable to walk, To being able to run a marathon.
As a Founder, I think building a network of people inside and outside the company that are really supportive and engaged.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? I can take pretty harsh feedback, so I and others suffer from my stupid ideas for too long.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
Overall better mood. Because I don't take how I feel too seriously compared to what I know will produce good results when executed.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
Grit and excellence matter most and should be habitual.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) 7. Most things cannot be learned from books or media, they have to be experienced or done.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? My grandparents. They survived a horrible war, built successful lives (and companies), raised great children, and did so as loving, empathetic people. That's humbling.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? We help you to come up with and build outstanding technology, that moves the needle.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
Create, Connect, Grow: We create the digital future that empowers businesses, connects people and drives shared success.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
Sport and hanging out with my kids.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? A surf vacation to celebrate turning a niche AI consultancy into a product company.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
Thanks a lot ya'll!
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.