''You have to hit rock bottom many times to strike gold''
Esteban is the Founder of ONTOUCH - Redefining The Art Of Connecting. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to gain some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Esteban Castillo is a visionary and disruptive product designer & engineer, Born in Colombia-LATAM. He is Passionate about experimenting, exploring, travelling and connecting, motivated by his desire to learn and acquire experiences. His contribution to this world so far consists of transforming problems into opportunities, creative processes, innovation management, design and development of products/services, strategically focused on solutions as a factor of improving sustainability.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A Truth Founder is the one who take care of these 3 main stages for his company, brand, & initiative:
1. Keep the vision and Philosophy.
2. Raise money & find resources.
3. Attract and maintain the right talent: THE TEAM.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER?
The context of where I come from brings me lot of happiness and have forged most of who I am, I'm lucky I have grown up with the right education and the right network, However, I see how my homeland (and most of the world) suffers from inequality and the lack of opportunities.
From my vision and capabilities, I want to give back (with more than enough) all the good energy and resources that it has given me, by generating and transferring knowledge, generating new opportunities and changing patterns of life that are blinded because there is no other life option.
In short, to leave the world better than I found it, to leave a positive legacy that generates value for future generations.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? I don't like routines, I'm more into the discipline but adapting my habits according to the context and time. When I wake up, I usually catch up with the news and updates. I take care of my family and do physic activity. My ritual is the taste of a good coffee.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? BE LIKE WATER MY FRIEND - Bruce Lee
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? In a world where people tend to be isolated, networking, coworking and connecting is a game changer. I want people to be able to be efficient when it comes to sharing and showing their skills, talents, techniques or professions. This approach will definitely bring people a huge range of opportunities.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS?
ATM I'm the one with the capabilities, and conviction to keep our Vision, Philosophy, Raise Money & Find Resources to keep my team motivated.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR VENTURE? ( START WTIH: IMAGINE A WORLD... WHAT IF...WE WILL BE... )
Success is pretty ambiguous and subjective. It depends very much on the person and his or her context. I've already succeed, I love what I do, I love my family and they love me, I enjoy the simple thing and appreciate the new ones. There is a strong relation between success and happiness, they are complementary.
Success for my venture is definitely when it starts to get really massive, when all kind of people know about it and can have access to it because it generates values and good experiences.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I believe in values and knowledge as the basis of an integral human being who is happy.
I believe that the growth and definition of each individual contributes significantly to the improvement of our society.
I believe in passion, conviction and hard work to reach your true vision, And that money is just a result.
I believe that acts & facts talk more than words.
I don't believe everything has been invented.
I don't believe that everything that shines is gold, but you have to hit rock bottom many times to strike gold.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? When I decided to focus on the journey, not the destination.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? My greatest personal success is definitely my family.
As a Founder, the capability to improve my context with solutions that generates value to people.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? My outgoing personality. The ability to adapt, act and perform in accordance with the times and context with the right knowledge. It allows me to grow and to improve every single day.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
They say in business you have to have cold hearted (Become an assh*$%&), I think I will never be able to do that. I'd rather have my conscience clean and a heart full of joy.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
It's better to have friends than money. NO act of kindness No matter how small is ever wasted.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) I'd say 7. My approach is be authentic, humble and 100% real. Seven is also my lucky number.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? My Dad is my hero and my referent. He raised me not to be selfish or with an ego, But to be proud. He pushed me to be better every day and supports me in his way when I fail. He's always present and delivers his best to his family.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE?
Reality, facts, issues and problems that we all share in simple and smart solutions can generate value to our customers and users.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
We are all PROS - Redefining the art of connecting.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
A good ride on my Motorbike with good rock'n roll playing.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? When my company was accepted to participate to pitch at the Co-Found Berlin: Summer Event, I opened a good bottle of Rum with my wife after a nice motorbike ride.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
I'm nothing without you guys, I'm just the current face of the venture but there is a whole crew of great people behind me. Never say Die! It's all about the journey, not the destination, So enjoy the ride.
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.