''Choosing to just start has resulted in an amazing, fulfilling career in entrepreneurship''
Hannah is the Founder of LIMA - Helping Online Communities Prosper & Become Sustainable. She has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to get some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Hannah is the Founder and CEO of Lima - That help's communities (like this one!) find sponsors to support their growth and provide members with increased opportunity.
Prior to Lima she also ran over 100+ crowdfunding campaigns and has a PhD in Community Finance.
She's London born and bred but often spends her time in San Francisco and New York.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A founder that is unafraid to be authentic.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER?
Going to Intimate events with other diverse groups of founders.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? Having ownership of my time means I'm happy to run my day based on how my body and mind is feeling. Most mornings tend to look like a breakfast meeting or a gym session with work starting 10am.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? Take more chances, And dance more dances.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? Online communities are a vital antidote to the rising epidemic of loneliness but their under threat. Community managers are overworked underpaid and bent under the stress of increased demand for private online spaces.
Lima is helping community managers earn more money by connecting them to supportive sponsors. In doing so, we're also offering businesses an ads model that gives them high exposure with highly targeted leads.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS?
I have deep domain expertise in community building and have built multiple communities globally.
My cofounder has built and exited a B2B wellbeing marketplace. Together we have deep understanding of our industry and the practical experience to execute on our vision.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR VENTURE? ( START WTIH: IMAGINE A WORLD... WHAT IF...WE WILL BE... )
We’re building a world where everyone can find a place where they belong. We exist to help communities prosper and community managers grow and protect online communities.
Success looks like providing 10 thousand community managers with a London living wage and many more with supplementary income. In doing so we'll make valuable online communities sustainable for 1 million people.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I don't believe social media platforms are a net positive for the world but I do believe truly connecting people online does provide benefit.
I believe online communities is the best way to connect people online.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? Lima is a new venture but my previous business I started at 22 when I had zero idea how to run a business.
Choosing to just start not only changed the course of the business but has resulted in an amazing, fulfilling career in entrepreneurship.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? As a teenager I competed internationally at ski racing. Unfortunately I had a really bad accident and broke my back.
My biggest personal success was getting back to racing after that traumatic injury and recovery - it taught me how to be incredibly resilient which has guided the rest of my career.
As a Founder I recently set myself a challenge to make £100 from scratch in one hour and I made £1000 in 45 minutes just from selling to people in coffee shops and hotel lobbies.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? My complete full trust in myself which manifests in confidence and passion. I like this most because it guides and elevates everything I do - plus, it took a long time to build so I'm really proud of the confidence I've built.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
I'm energetic but this sometimes results in scattiness. I think I am in the process of controlling this but it's a long, internal process that takes time.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
When my cofounder first met, he suggested we just go for it and "break it quickly". This has resulted in one of the most rewarding ventures and professional relationships I've ever been in.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) 8 - I speak a lot about my journey in public but choose to maintain some level of privacy.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? I don't really have one primary source of admiration. I admire many people, famous or not, for various skills, experiences they have. Who I admire most at any one point mostly depends on the challenges I am personally navigating at any point.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE?
We help B2B companies find and sponsor communities to connect with C-Suite, founders and HR operators. Unlock the potential of private communities on Slack, Discord, Telegram and WhatsApp.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
We exist to help communities prosper and community managers grow and protect online communities.
We're pre-product but are running manual partnerships with 100k founders in 22 founder communities and are now revenue generating.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
Playing football with Hackney Women's FC is my ultimate escape. I also love film photography and art galleries.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? Lima recently closed a small pre-seed round. I treated myself to a Pret A Manger (UK-based coffee chain) subscription - unlimited coffee for £30 a month!
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.