''I was blessed with creativity and courage, And I never give up; Which means I will always find a way to make things work''
Baruch is the Founder of AlgeaCore - With A Mission To Convert Solar Energy To Meat And Fish Analogs; Which Are More Sustainable, Nutritionally Dense, Efficient & Resilient. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to gain some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
I'm Searching For:
We are currently looking for collaborations with companies that specialize in texture technologies and are open to experiment with a new and promising raw material. There are many grants available to support this type of work, if relevant (e.g. Home Page - BIRD Foundation).
We are also looking for distributors and brands in the natural\ functional food space who are open to try our ingredients and products.
We will be visiting the natural food expo 2023 at the end of September (Natural Products Expo East 2023 | Sept. 20-23, Philadelphia, PA) so feel free to connect and even meet if you are interested.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Baruch Dach is a microalgae and bio-based materials pioneer on a mission to enhance the resilience of the global food supply-chain while reducing its environmental footprint.
His company, AlgaeCore technologies (owner of the ‘SimpliiGood’ brand name), is engineering edible tissue-like matrics that are made predominantly out of Spirulina cells. This versatile and nutritionally dense food platform will be able to replace meat, poultry and seafood as early as 2025.
The Israeli inventor and serial entrepreneur comes from a background of marine biotechnology and material science, but refers to his work as a “form of art and self-expression”.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A Truth founder for me is someone who is willing to make personal sacrifices and persevere for the benefit of the greater good. Someone who is not afraid to go against the norms and even common sense in order to transform reality to make it better for both people and the planet.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER?
I was born with hyper-creativity, An overdeveloped sense of justice and an immigrant grandma that told me one too many times that if I start something I have to finish it.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? Cold shower, stretching, giving thanks and appreciation, drinking a big glass of water.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? There is no such thing as failure - worst case scenario I learn a lesson and gain experience.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? My venture can simultaneously solve multiple existential problems for the human race and completely revolutionize the way we handle food and agriculture.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS?
I was blessed with creativity and courage, and I never give up, which means I will always find a way to make things work, even if it’s highly unlikely and seems lost.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR VENTURE? ( START WTIH: IMAGINE A WORLD... WHAT IF...WE WILL BE... )
Our ultimate vision is to transform Spirulina into a staple food source and a household name. This means we have to re-introduce it with a completely new “user interface”, moving it away from supplements and super foods, and build an entire value and supply chain around it.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I believe that the truth is always paradoxical - if you want to find truth you have to look for the paradox.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? My journey completely changed when I decided to value human capital over financial capital.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? Building a company that is self-sustained and independent, comprised of an amazing team, which is constantly striving to improve to make a positive impact.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? The thing i like most about myself is my creativity and unconventional thinking and problem solving patterns, which is already second nature to me at this point.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
As most humans, I need to better understand and control my ego - when it takes over, sometimes it leads me to impulsive behaviors and too much emotional involvement in decision making.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
It always takes longer than you think.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) 8 or 9. Our story is very simple: We are converting solar energy to meat and fish analogs, which are more sustainable, nutritionally dense, efficient and resilient.
It’s not a 10 because there are too many advantages and upsides to mention, and some audiences value some over the other, and it is sometimes hard for us to cover all bases and make everybody happy.
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? My grandma - she was an orphan from a very young age, who went through hell, and against all odds still managed to always provide and raise a respectable family.
She taught me the importance of persistence and staying true to yourself.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? We can make chicken, meat and fish out of solar energy, in the harshest desert conditions, while making a positive impact on the environment.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
We aim to make food good again - for people and our planet.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
I am somewhat of a modern day viking - I like simple things like hiking barefoot, taking ice baths, swimming in the sea, carving wood, collecting rocks and playing guitar. I also like to go on adventures with my kids.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? I appreciate and enjoy the small things and don’t make a fuss over “special occasions” - Every day is special to me, so I don’t have something specific in mind for this question.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
Thank You. I take nothing for granted and I intend to make the best of this opportunity.
We WILL succeed - there is no other option.
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.