''I Believe if you're having fun doing something you're going to be good at it''
Carlo is the Founder of Cheetah Charge - Keeping Urban Lives Connected With Rapid, Accessible Charging Solutions, Uninterrupted. He has taken the challenge to answer our 20 Truth Questions, For us to get some insight, And learn the Truth about the people behind the venture.
I'm Searching For:
Two co-founders to join my journey in building Cheetah Charge.
My TRUTH Story:
1. INTRODUCE YOURSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON TO A CROWD OF 10,000+ PEOPLE? Carlo Götzmann brings with him 9 years of experience from the automotive sector. His journey has taken him through the challenges of building corporate startups, participating in Silicon Valley-based accelerator programs, and setting up a digital hub in Shanghai. At his core, Carlo is passionate about creating products that aim to add a little ease to users' daily lives. When he's not navigating the business world, he's likely to be found enjoying a mountain biking session. Now in Berlin, Carlo is keen on weaving together his experiences to shape his own venture.
2. WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF A TRUTH FOUNDER? A 'Truth Founder' is someone whose determination is unwavering, even in the face of setbacks and challenges. It's an individual who operates with unparalleled honesty, valueing transparency with their team, stakeholders, and above all, themselves.
Strong values are the backbone of a Truth Founder – guiding their decisions, shaping their company's culture, and ensuring a positive, lasting impact on society. Being genuine and staying true to one's mission is the essence of a Truth Founder.
3. WHAT EVENT OR EVENTS HAPPENED TO YOU THAT INSPIRED YOU TO BECOME A FOUNDER?
During my time at university, I had the opportunity to work with a VR simulation startup. It was there that I really got a taste of the energy and potential that comes with a young company. The fast-paced environment and the genuine excitement of creating something new resonated with me.
Later, my participation in an accelerator program at the Plug & Play Tech Center in Sunnyvale further shaped my desire to venture out on my own. Collaborating with a corporate startup, I saw how larger organizations approached innovation and how startups could infuse agility into these structures. These experiences made it clear to me that I wanted to create, innovate, and take the path of entrepreneurship.
4. WHAT IS YOUR MORNING ROUTINE & RITUAL? I usually get up between 6:30 am and 7:30 am, feed and entertain the cat for a few minutes, before grabbing some coffee and food.
Recently I also started taking cold shower in the morning so that's now also part of my morning routine. I hate it until I get under the cold water and it just makes you wake up and turns your brain on properly.
5. WHAT MANTRA,QUOTE,LINE OR PHRASE DO YOU SAY OFTEN TO INSPIRE AND MOTIVATE YOURSELF? Get busy living, or get busy dying.
6. WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE SHOULD CARE ABOUT YOUR VENTURE? Cheetah Charge brings seamless convenience to your digital life. Never let a failing internal phone battery disrupt your day again. Beyond just aiding connectivity, we're also driving an eco-conscious change. By ensuring bad batteries don't dictate device replacements, we push back against needless electronic waste. With Cheetah Charge, stay powered and eco-responsible.
7. WHY DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONE TO MAKE YOUR VENTURE A SUCCESS?
Thanks to a robust network, particularly connections in China, and my expertise in product and service design, I've acquired the ability to quickly learn about customer and market needs. However, while individual strengths lay a foundation, I firmly believe that the pinnacle of success is reached when a dedicated team collaborates, leveraging each member's unique strengths, all united by a shared vision.
8. WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE FOR YOUR VENTURE? ( START WTIH: IMAGINE A WORLD... WHAT IF...WE WILL BE... )
Personally: Success means taking an initial vision and molding it into tangible benefits for users, all while collaborating and growing with a like-minded team.
For Cheetah Charge: We aspire to become the top choice for users frequently running out of charge. The aim goes beyond mere convenience; But also having a positive impact on peoples behaviour of changing their phones too frequently.
9. ANSWER THESE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU LIKE - I BELIEVE... I DON'T BELIEVE... I Believe that the only limiting factor of achieving our dream goals is the fear of starting something new with an uncertain outcome.
I Believe if you're having fun doing something you're going to be good at it.
I Believe that a dumb joke can always fix a bad mood.
I Don't Believe you should be content with what you've achieved so far.
I Don't Believe that things are too hard to try.
10. WHAT'S ONE DECISION YOU MADE AS A FOUNDER THAT COMPLETELY CHANGED THE COURSE OF YOUR JOURNEY? Meeting my potential suppliers face to face during my honeymoon. I first thought it wasn't the right time, but...when I arrived in Hong Kong, We had a meeting for 2 hours that was well worth it; Especially the insights I learned about the market, and the other players was extraordinarily helpful. Also having my wife fully support my idea made all the difference.
11. WHAT DO YOU REGARD AS YOUR GREATEST SUCCESS PERSONALLY & AS A FOUNDER? Personally: Making it to university after quite a rebellious youth.
As a Founder: Getting accepted into one of the batches at Plug & Play with our corporate startup.
12. WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT YOURSELF AND WHY? That it is hard for people to get me really angry because I learned how to control my emotions, by learning from a great leader early in my career. It helps me to stay focused in heated discussions and avoid unnecessary additional conflicts that just add up to the real problems at hand.
13. WHAT'S ONE THING YOU CAN IMPROVE ABOUT YOURSELF, AND WHY DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE NOT DONE IT BY NOW?
Having patience working with small items, like repairing a small electronic device or a pair of sunglasses, or trying to attach a new light bulb in a car. It drives me crazy when I don't have space to work properly.
While people can't make me angry, these kinds of chores make me feel claustrophobic and really makes me wanna just throw the thing away.
I guess I didn't improve on it that much, because having to do this somehow became less frequent, especially since I don't own a car anymore and electronic devices are not repairable anymore.
Nowadays, I mainly do this kind of work on my mountain bikes, and I know if I don't do it properly I'll break a few bones on my next ride.
14. WHAT'S THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU'VE EVER RECEIVED OR GIVEN, OR BOTH?
Received: 'Don't try to go straight through the walls all the time. Find a way to persuade people of your ideas instead of forcing your way through.'
I got this advice quite early in my business life when I had very little patience for people and I had the impression they were not doing their jobs due to laziness.
15. ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10 - 10 BEING THE BEST. HOW WELL DO YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR TRUTH STORY IS CLEARLY UNDERSTOOD BY YOUR COMMUNITY? ( WHY NOT 10? ) 6
16. WHO DO YOU MOST ADMIRE AND WHY? The former head of our corporate venture, He was a no bullshit person. He always drove me to learn the things I don't know and be open about what I am certain about.
17. DESCRIBE YOUR VENTURE - ELEVATOR PITCH STYLE? I've got to admit I'm a bit nervous pitching to a new audience at first so I'll try to not babble too much.
18. WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT MISSION STATEMENT OR MESSAGE + MARKET FIT FOR YOUR VENTURE?
Keeping urban lives connected with rapid, accessible charging solutions, uninterrupted.
19. WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO TO UNWIND AFTER A LONG WORK DAY?
To go for a mountain bike ride and then enjoy some quiet time on the sofa.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU TREATED YOURSELF TO AND WHAT DID YOU CELEBRATE? I treated myself to a nice vacation to Hong Kong and Thailand to celebrate my wedding.
BONUS QUESTION: WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAY TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING YOU ON YOUR AMBITIOUS JOURNEY?
Thank You for believing in me and being supportive all the time. I am happy that I have people that believe in my ideas but also are sceptical at times and give me open and honest feedback.
Become Our Next Truth Founder Today: - FREE To Submit & Be Published
Audience and Reach:
Reach: 15,000+ Subscribers & growing.
Co-Found Events: 250 - 300 People.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, Creators, Early Adopters.
Job Titles: Founder, CEO, and Business Owner.
Average e-mail open rate: 55%
We are in search of passionate Founders like You to share their truth stories in exchange for FREE Marketing in our newsletters and on our platform, To be introduced to our Co-Found Community of over 15,000+ Subscribers.
GREAT NEWS: You Don't Have To Do It Alone. - This Is Your invitation for us to answer your Truth Questions Together.
Request Your Invitation: HERE
Get The Latest Founder Interviews Direct To Your Inbox!
Join Over 15,000+ Subscribers To Our Newsletter, Where we send you Founder interviews & Truth Tips; For you to get insight, And learn the Truth about the person behind the venture from 20 Truth Questions Founders answer, For the chance to have their profiles and stories published on our site & newsletter.